Summary of Position:
Is responsible for analysis, pre-planning and estimating of installation/service work as liaison to the Operation Division; assists in completing and clarifying Work Order packets; works with sales and sales assistant personnel on installation pre-planning and price quotations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interfaces with sales personnel, sales assistants and technical staff on a daily basis to keep abreast of sales and sale opportunities in progress
- Acts as liaison to Operation Divisions dispatcher regarding installation analyses, installation pre-planning and Work Order packet information completeness and clarity
- Meets with customers regarding installation requirements and up-coming projects, in conjunction with sales personnel
- Reviews customer installation/service requirements, and drawing/specification information, to understand the complete scope of services requested
- Analyzes a broad scope of installation issues that impact cost and labor efficiency: drawings & specifications, product assembly issues, site/receiving/staging conditions, schedule/time frame requested or allotted, third part interfacing, technical issues and contract administration/management
- Develops detailed written labor estimates that include total man-hours, breakdown of hours by installation task, miscellaneous hours (warehouse, delivery, trash runs, etc.), hours by phase if required, costs other than labor, and so on.
- Maintains awareness of estimating ‘rules of thumb’ and matches to actual labor time expended on projects quoted to ensure up-to-date knowledge of labor hours for various installation conditions and products
- Stays abreast of installation competitors regarding rates, labor quoting, resources and quality of work
- Develops detailed work plans that provide manpower loading requirements per the installation schedule, material handling logistical plans, identification of potential issues and problem areas, etc.
- Works with sales personnel and sales support to ensure that project schedules are communicated to the dispatcher and that strong attempts are made to coordinate customer requirements with efficient installation scheduling
- Develops and details special requirements for the installation/service work orders to ensure clarity for the field supervisor/leadman
- Indicates in writing all special equipment, vehicle and project requirements (special elevator scheduling, building security requirements, etc.) for work order packets
Installation/Work Order Packets:
- Works with sales assistants and dispatch to follow-up on packets that require additional clarity, information, packet elements, etc.
- Assists the completion packets that do not meet the Operations Division standards or that require special analyses and planning
- Works with sales assistants and dispatch to ensure that installation quote information, site evaluation forms, etc. are included in packets
- Ensures that all dealership staff understand the Work Order packet process and included information elements
Please send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to email@example.com. If you have specific knowledge or experience working in any particular industry such as healthcare, higher education or government please indicate on your response.