Summary of Position
Is responsible for the overall management of the field crews and field installation performance, as well as for analyzing and planning major/complex installations and the refinement of work order packets prior to installation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Has responsibility for the field crews, their management, their performance, their development and their accountability for customer satisfaction and installation profitability
- Handles field staff employee problems and disciplines personnel as necessary
- Helps set field procedures; ensures field crews adhere to installation procedures and processes, including paperwork, material handling, work processes, etc.
- Ensures installation plan is issued to the client timely
- Ensures that material handling is accurate and careful, and that product paperwork is detailed and documented
- Ensures that field paperwork and administrative activities are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensures that product assembly techniques are appropriate and consistent
- Ensures that the work process is standardized and performed in a similar manner by all crews and field personnel
- Ensures that customer relations and interface are professional and responsive
- Ensures that work rules and regulations are clear, understood and enforced
Installation Management and Field Operations:
- Oversees the management of field installations, ensuring that installations are on-time and complete, adhering to the installation schedule, work plan, estimated dealer cost and man-hours
- Works with crews to ensure that paperwork is timely and accurate, and that all hours and actions are well documented according to company procedures
- Reviews field installations to ensure the highest quality workmanship, and that product is assembled per plan and is leveled, aligned and plumb, cleaned and completely detailed
- Ensures that material is handled with care and that customer’s property is protected and undamaged
- Trains crews to have a responsible and technically adept interface with contractors, trades, electricians, cabling personnel, building management, etc.
- Ensures that installations and all service work is closed out in a timely manner; that punch list resolution is followed up and finished to each customer’s satisfaction
- Visits field installations on a regular and daily basis, interfacing with leads and installation personnel, customers, and customer third parties, monitoring the progress and quality of the work being done by the installation staff
Analysis and Planning:
- Reviews plans, specifications and sites as necessary, develops work plans and reviews those plans with the field leads and crews
- Reviews work order packets for completeness and understanding, annotates those plans as necessary prior to distribution to the field crews
- Works with sales, design, project management, project coordinators/sales assistants in the analysis, estimating and planning of installations
- Provides detailed installation estimates as required, including total hours, direct job costs and fixed quotes
- Generate installation daily/weekly progress reports
- Issues close out report
Quality and Customer Satisfaction:
- Oversees field service standards of performance, and monitors these standards throughout the service operation
Please send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have specific knowledge or experience working in any particular industry such as healthcare, higher education or government please indicate on your response.