Summary of Position
Single point of contact, and integrative responsibility, for all aspects of assigned contract furniture projects, from inception of project to final close-out and invoicing. Plans, coordinates and oversees all tasks, critical dates, client and third party interface and relations, performance quality and customer satisfaction, budget and project administration for each assigned project. Is responsible for entire business transaction for each project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides single point of contact for customer for all project communications
- Provides professional customer interface and client relations throughout project
- Is responsible for customer sign-offs, approvals and formal paperwork
Project Planning, Coordination and Management
- Establishes overall project scope and manages dealer/manufacturer team to ensure coordinated effort
- Directs, coordinates and manages task assignments and completion for entire dealer team
- Develops work plan, schedule and logistics based on overall project parameters, project schedule and scope, and customer’s goals
- Reviews project site, plans and product specifications
- Assists in establishing fees, developing quote/presentation and making presentation to customer
- Provides technical consultation to customer and customer’s team
- Provides single point of contact for, and coordinates with, client and all third party firms (A&D firm, contractor, cabling vendor, building manager, electrician and other trades, client’s facility and IT groups, movers, etc.)
- Maintains detailed project documentation, including documentation of key project decisions and customer/project requests/revisions
- Provides timely, formal written communications throughout project to client, dealer and project team
- Manages accurate and detailed record keeping, including receiving documentation, time sheets and contract adherence, sign-offs and approvals, key decision records, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of the quote, the development of the proposal and the presentation to the client
- Reviews technical services’ plans and specifications for accuracy, completeness and correct product application
- Coordinates with customer service for order entry notes and product delivery scheduling
- Reviews ship dates for adherence to original requirements
- Interfaces with factory, as necessary, regarding shipping schedules and special instructions for manufacturing/shipping
- Supervises site installation, including performance of work, installation administration and timeliness of task completion
- Ensures field paperwork is complete, and delivered in a timely manner
Punch, Invoicing & Project Close-Out
- Walks project and develops punch list; responsible for punch list resolution
- Confirms project completion and ensures all invoicing is timely and accurate
- Manages all final project close-out requirements, including lien releases, contract requirements, client sign-offs, etc.
Contract Furniture/Technical Skills
- Has strong product and technical knowledge, including applicable building codes, correct product application, custom applications and pricing, price estimating and solicitation, electricity and cabling, etc.
- Has the ability to produce takeoffs, specifications and order ready documentation if required
- Has the ability to analyze, plan, schedule and implement project installation
- Has a strong knowledge of all aspects of contract furniture management, including account management, project management, order preparation, order management, installation, relocation and contract furniture administration
- Has a working knowledge of interior construction, interior design, moves and relocations, trucking, furniture manufacturing and shipping, building management and current workplace issues
Please send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have specific knowledge or experience working in any particular industry such as healthcare, higher education or government please indicate on your response.